Our Tools in your hands, get jobs done!
EXIT-SIDE SOLUTION FOR THE HORIZONTAL DRILLING INDUSTRY
Engineered to be the HDD industry’s ultimate exit-side tool, TONGHAND® by LaValley Industries allows drill rod to be torqued and un-torqued with precision by a single operator from the comfort and safety of the excavator cab.
TONGHAND® eliminates the use of back-breaking wrenches and removes personnel from working in danger zones. TONGHAND® mounts to any brand of excavator—the excavator’s auxiliary hydraulics safely and efficiently power the TONGHAND® system.
The TONGHAND®’s telescoping roller arms are used to pick up drill rod and securely lift, tilt, shift, rotate and precisely position a single rod or drill string under the total control of the operator.
The patented TongVise™ easily makes and breaks joints with guaranteed precision. Whether working with drill rod, subs, reamers or other tooling, the TONGHAND® saves you time and money, while improving job-site.
- TONGHAND® mounts to any brand of excavator in the 30-36 metric ton class.
- Patented TONGVISE makes and breaks joints up to 120,000-foot pounds of torque.
- Works with pipe reamers and adapter sub connections ranging from 6.5” to 10”.
- Patented Roller Arms and shift function allow you to thread and unthread all connections.
- Gull Wing design allows you to easily move arms out of way to make and break reamers.
- Tilt function allows up to 20° of tilt in both directions.
- Shift feature allows the pipe to be shifted a total of 7”
- TONGHAND® can work as a pipe handler for precise placement of drill rod on rigs, racks or trucks.
- TONGHAND® control system and In-Cab display allows you to torque pipe joints to your specified torque value.
Delivering unparalleled speed, precision, and performance, the TONGHAND® is as safe as it is agile. Out-performs all existing material handling methods.
- Part Number: 6430
- Model Number: TH2
- Excavator Wt Class: 30-36 METRIC TON
- Max Supply Pressure: 5,000 PSI / 345 BAR
- Max Flow: 35 GPM / 132 LPM
- Min Flow: 20 GPM / 76 LPM
- Capacity: 16,000 LBS / 7,258 KG
- Weight: 8,350 LBS / 3,788 KG
- Overall Dimensions (inches): 100L X 47W X 97H
- Shipping Storage Stand P/N: 6298
- Shipping Weight: 9,100 LBS / 4,128 KG
- String Builder Stand P/N: 6772
- Shipping Weight: 9,500 LBS / 4,309 KG
We work with companies all around the world.